2. Sundowners Overland respects and is committed to protecting your privacy and will only collect and use personal information in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
3. What personal information does Sundowners Overland collect and store about me?
Sundowners Overland generally collects the following information that has been voluntarily submitted in order to process bookings. We have a lawful basis to retain personal information when bookings are made and will usually include:
• Name, contact details (such as home address, work address, email address and telephone number)
• Date of birth
• Place of birth
• Passport details
• Special requirements pertaining to disability or any medical condition impacting travel arrangements
• Previous travel experiences with Sundowners Overland
4. How does Sundowners Overland collect and hold personal information?
Sundowners Overland collects personal information when you request a travel brochure or other information, enter competitions, make a travel booking with Sundowners Overland or when you register on the Sundowners Overland website. We do not collect personal information unless it has been submitted to us.
We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. Personal booking information is captured securely and will not be stored for longer than necessary. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable and responsible period of time.
Personal and insurance information will be collected from all clients during the booking process. Once you have travelled, you will be asked to complete a client survey where we will collect further details about you and the tour you travelled on. You may also be asked to review your tour on trusted review websites or we may share these reviews with trusted review websites on your behalf.
5. Why Sundowners Overland collects, stores and uses personal information?
Sundowners Overland collects and uses personal information for several purposes. These purposes are:
• To enable Sundowners Overland to arrange bookings for travel and accommodation services for you. We only use personally identifiable data for the purpose or service that it has been submitted. Your personally identifiable information is not publicly accessible and is only accessed by Sundowners Overland for handling your enquiry.
• With your permission to provide you with direct marketing offers. Sundowners Overland may provide you with direct marketing offers to tell you about products, services and travel destinations that Sundowners Overland believes may be of interest to you for planning, product development and research purposes and to give you discount offers, and other benefits associated with being a Sundowners Overland client. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
• We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out or manage your preferences and this option is published at the end of each newsletter. You have the right to direct us to cease further contact or to destroy the personal information we have collected about you.
6. Social Media, Photographs, Videos and Testimonials
Sundowners Overland intend to keep track of the domains from which people visit its website and will analyse this data for trends and statistics.
If you make use of any Sundowners Overland social media features, either on our website, an App or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access information such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, town or district and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Data”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider. We may also access information from social media providers about your use of an App that we run on their website.
When on tour, employees, agents and/or other travellers of Sundowners Overland may from time to time take photographs or make recordings of you and tour activities that may identify you. Sundowners Overland reserves the right to use any or all photographs and/or recordings made on tour for promotional reasons in printed materials, on the Internet or other media. In using such images, Sundowners Overland undertakes not to reveal your name, contact details or other personal information. You consent to the use of such images or recordings by Sundowners Overland and you acknowledge that you will not be entitled to payment or other compensation for the giving of consent or for the use of such images or recordings. Sundowners Overland may keep such images or recordings of you on record. If you do not wish for images or recordings of you to be collected, stored or used you must advise Sundowners Overland to that effect at the time of booking. Additionally, any photographs, video and text sent to Sundowners Overland must be the client’s own and by sending it, the client agrees that Sundowners Overland can use it for advertising and marketing purposes.
Feedback supplied to Sundowners Overland may also be used in print and online for marketing and advertising purposes. This includes but not limited to, third party review sites and questionnaires supplied to us pre or post-tour.
7. Who does Sundowners Overland share your personal information with?
Sundowners Overland provides your personal information to:
• Airlines, railways, other transportation companies, accommodation facilities and tour operators for the purposes of making travel bookings.
• Persons or companies who are contracted to perform part of Sundowners Overland's service delivery. This includes organisations such as local agents overseas and third-party contractors such as tour operators and tour guides.
• Government instrumentalities (both in Australia and overseas) for the purpose of securing appropriate visas and other travel authorisations necessary to enable entry and travel in the destination countries and for the purpose of complying with the local law in destination countries. Sundowners Overland may also supply your personal information to your government for consular purposes. Third parties to whom we may disclose personal information to may be located in Australia, the United Kingdom and other countries including any countries where you are booked to travel to on a Sundowners Overland tour.
• Mail houses for the distribution of marketing material.
• Payment processing facilities
• IT system administrators
8. Sundowners Overland will take responsible steps to protect any personal information that it holds about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure and will not disclose your personal information to organisations outside Sundowners Overland for any purpose (other than as outlined in this policy).
9. If you tell us that you do not wish to have your personal information used for a specific purpose, we will respect your wishes. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to do this.
10. If you wish to review and make any necessary corrections to your personal information, you may contact: Liz Anderson, Managing Director. ph +61 3 96725300 Level 1, 51 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
We will need to verify your identity before disclosing any personal information and request 14 business days to compile your data. There is no charge for making a request for your data.
In rare cases where the request may be more complex, more time, up to a maximum of three months from the date the request we received your request may be required. We will keep you informed during that period.
11. If you would like further information about the way Sundowners Overland manages the personal information held by Sundowners Overland, then you may contact us.
12. If you have any concerns about the way personal information is managed by Sundowners Overland or believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, please contact us. Sundowners Overland reserves the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity or the site, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
In some limited circumstances we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved with any legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations.